Assembly 5 /2/ 21
Hard to believe that we are at the weekend again! Time to do different things, get away from the screens and teams and engage in other activities! How about trying some of these suggested by Ms Keenan in her thought for the day?
Twelve Happiness Activities
- Expressing Gratitude
- Cultivating Optimism
- Avoiding Over-thinking and Social Comparison
- Practicing Acts of Kindness
- Nurturing Social Relationships
- Developing Strategies for Coping
- Learning to Forgive
- Increasing Flow Experiences
- Savouring Life’s Joys
- Committing to Your Goals
- Practicing Religion and Spirituality
- Taking Care of Your Body
Maybe there are a few more you could add to the list? Whatever you do, relax and be good to yourself and to those around you. Enjoy!
Now for a few notices…
- Please fill out the survey we sent yesterday…I’ve fixed a glitch that only allowed you to pick one activity so feel free to revisit it if you want to add more activities.
- A reminder to students who have not sent in a picture of their journals that we will be contacting them and their parents for an explanation. You must keep your journal up to date and it must be signed and when we ask you to do something, we expect you to do it. This is for your own good so get on board and send in the picture. Next week we start the process again.
- If you need a laptop please tell us. You can’t continue using a phone because it is just not suitable. You can collect it from the school at from 9.30 to 1pm every day, just let us know when you are coming in and we will have it ready for you.
- Student materials, books and exam papers still to be collected. It tells us a lot about your commitment to a subject when you have not picked up these essential items. It is your responsibility to have everything you need for class so make it your business to collect them.
- Chess on from 1.30-2.30 today and all are welcome. Just email email@example.com if you are not already part of the group. Round 5 of the Longford Chess tournament on tonight so best of luck to our team! Don’t forget school tournament on Sunday from 6-7. All welcome.
That’s all the notes for today. Mind yourselves…and take it easy!