Assembly 26 1 21
You often hear people greeting each other by asking how they are getting on to which they often reply that they are ‘grand’ or ‘the finest’. It’s nice to hear how people are doing and it is a fact that we like to be asked because it means that we are cared about and that we are part of a community. This morning we are sending out surveys to parents, pupils and staff. They are short and easy to complete and we would like you to respond to them. It would be nice to hear how ye are getting on.
A few notices.
- Attendance continues to improve but there are still issues which we can help you with once you engage with us but if you don’t make contact with school there is nothing we can do to . So make the first step and reengage with your teachers and your classes.
- Follow these simple steps each time if you can’t gain access to your class.
1)Email the teacher immediately so that they know you are waiting to get into the class.
2)If that doesn’t work then email Ms Reynolds or Mr Lyons and we will sort it out.
- Staff meeting today at 3.30 so classes will probably finish a little earlier than usual.
- Our chess club is looking for members for our next in school tournament. It will last for 1 hour and it is just a bit of fun. Click on the link below to bring you to the page where you will find instruction to join on the team Forum.
- Excellent meeting with the Student Council which highlighted a couple of things that we can do help make online school better for everybody. Thanks again to these students who are giving up their free time to represent you.
- Finally the link for each student to complete their survey is below. Take a moment to let us know how you are getting on!
And now we read the reflection that Ms Keenan has brought to us today.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear in that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the World.
There is nothing enlightening about shrinking
so that other people won’t feel unsure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
As we let our own Light shine,
we consciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.”