Assembly 22 1 21
Looking back over the past 10 days we can be proud of our achievements. We have had success on the national stage with BT, on the local stage with the best enrolment ever and on the individual stage with a 3.95/4 satisfaction rating for online learning (Survey 15/1/21).
Looking forward to the next 10 days, our exam classes will be focusing on the 12th of February, when they will be receiving summative feedback on their learning since the beginning of term. Our teachers will be continuing to deliver the curriculum online and our students will be engaging in increasing numbers. Opportunities for students to meet online for extra-curricular activities will be rolled out. Meetings with students, staff, parents, LWETB and the Board of Management will be held.
It’s going to be a busy 10 days, with new challenges and new opportunities. As long as we continue working together we can face whatever comes our way with growing confidence. Ar aghaidh le chéile!
A few notices
- Reminder that you must be logged into Microsoft Teams in order to engage with class. You will not get the invitation from your teacher if you are not logged on. You must respond to that invitation in order to enter the class. Some teachers allow students to join in themselves so that’s easier to do. If you cannot join a class, please email the teacher firstly and if that doesn’t work, then email Ms Reynolds or Mr. Lyons and we will help to get you into your classes.
- 10 days over and done. Classes continue and courses are being covered. It is vital that you attend all your classes and keep up with your teachers. Otherwise you will fall behind. The majority of students realise this but some of you are not taking this seriously. This is school now, this is real, this is life and this is how it’s going to be for the foreseeable future. So get up, log in and do the work!
- There are exam papers for JC GEO and HEC to be picked up at the school and drawing paper for 1st year TGR. I will be up at the school today from 12-12.30 to give these out to anybody who has yet to collect these items and also school lunches.
- A brief Q&A session for the 6th year students will take place from 11.05 to 11.30. We have invited you all and would ask you all to be there to check in with us and tell us how you are getting on.
- A reminder that Ms Keenan and the Care team are there for all the students and are available at any time to help, support or advice.
- We are proposing to use the time slots for Religion and CSPE classes over the next for 10 days to work in smaller groups with students. You will receive an invitation to attend these small group sessions in the coming days. If you are invited, you must attend.
- There will be a brief meeting of LCC2021 Chess Club from 1.30 to 1.45 today. We are looking for as many people who want to play chess as possible to join. We will teach you how to play and then we will organise online tournaments where you can meet your friends, have a chat and play chess. Everybody is welcome.
And now we take a moment to read the reflection that Ms Keenan has chosen for us.
No matter what anyone says,
just show up and do the work.
If they praise you, show up and do the work.
If they criticize you, show up and do the work.
If no one even notices you,
just show up and do the work.
Just keep showing up, doing the work,
and leading the way.
Lead with passion.
Fuel up with optimism.
Power up with love.
Fight the good fight.
Refuse to give up.
Ignore the critics.
Believe in the impossible.
Do the work.
You’ll be glad you did.