Assembly 20 1 2021
I thought we might start with the reflection that Ms Keenan has chosen for us today…it reminds us that we don’t become worthy, we are born worthy…we just have to believe it!
You are worthy of reaching for the greatest accomplishments…And you are worthy of achieving them, no matter what other people think of you, no matter what you have done up to this point in life. You are worthy of the best.
You are unique, you are special. You are creative and effective. You have much value to offer, regardless of what anyone has told you. And no one can express that value but you. You are the person who deserves to live your dream. You are the only one who has what it takes to reach that dream.
If you can see it, if you can imagine it, if you can dream it, you are worthy of reaching it. And it is possible. No one will hand it to you. In fact, you’ll strive day and night to reach it. When you give the best you have, when you refuse to be stopped by the obstacles in your way, when you do what must be done, you’ll get what you deserve—a full, rich life that is like no other. Each day, with your thoughts and actions, live up to the fact that you are the best.
What a hope filled reflection to begin our day!
A few notices.
- Great reports from parents, pupils and teachers so keep up the good work. Any issues please contact us straight away as the sooner we know the sooner we can fix it!
- We are following the timetable. If you can’t get into a class it is not because the class isn’t happening but rather because you can’t get in! In that case email the teacher and if that doesn’t work email us. Between us we will get it sorted.
- Reminder that this is the last day to sign up for the chess. We will create an online room to compete and to show you how to play and improve. It’s good fun and perfect for these times when most activities are unavailable. So take this opportunity to try something new!
- 6th and 3rd year students should have all received an email outlining arrangements for supporting exam students in the coming months. More details to follow and we will be having a Q&A session with the 6th years shortly, followed by the 3rd years later on.
- If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to start working hard and engaging fully with your teachers. You have an opportunity to take control of your own future by working hard and getting the best possible results that you can achieve. This is a prize worth fighting for…it’s in your hands!