The Board of Management manages the school on behalf of our trustees LWETB and CEIST. It is the responsibility of the Board of Management to uphold the characteristic spirit of the school and is accountable to the trustees for so doing.
The Principal is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school, including providing guidance and direction to the teachers and other staff of the school.
The Board of Management consists of eleven people, made up as follows:
- Four members nominated by Longford Westmeath ETB.
- Three CEIST/Sisters of Mercy Representatives.
- Two parents / legal guardians of children currently attending the school.
- Two teachers currently on the staff of the school.
Following their nomination or election, all eleven members of the Board are appointed by the Trustees. The Principal acts as Secretary to the Board.
The Board of Management as presently constituted took up office in September 2019 and is scheduled to serve until August 2023.
Current Board of Management Members
- Mr. Willie Dennigan (LWETB Representative)
- Ms. Hazel Hannon (Principal)
- Ms Josephine O’ Donnell (CEIST / Sisters of Mercy Representative)
- Ms. Rose McCormack (CEIST / Sisters of Mercy Representative)
- Fr. Turlough Baxter (CEIST / Sisters of Mercy Representative)
- Mr. Colm Harte (LWETB Representative)
- Ms. Tina Dowd (Parent Representative)
- Mr. Shane Smyth (Parent Representative)
- Ms. Mary O’ Brien (Teacher Representative)
- Mr. Cóilín O’ Brien (Teacher Representative)
- Cllr Gerald Farrell (LWETB Representative)
- Cllr Mark Casey (LWETB Representative)
For further information on the functions and responsibilities of the board of management please click here