Student & Family Assistance:
Book Rental Scheme / Book Grant Available
With the complementary skills of parents and teachers working together, children will achieve their potential.
Learning Support & Support for students with learning difficulties are a priority.
Early detection of learning difficulties takes place through specialized assessment. Learning support classes are available.
The School has a Pastoral Care Team in Place:
- Career Guidance and Counselling
- School Chaplain
- Parent/teacher meetings
- Learning support team
- Student support team
- Peer mentoring programme (LC & 1st Years)
- Home School Community Liaison
Home School Community Liaison
The partnership between home and school is vital to the child’s learning. For more information click here.
Guidance and Counselling
The school offers a comprehensive guidance and counselling service to all second level and FETAC students. The following are some of the chief guidance activities:
- One-to-one interviews for all first year students.
- Guidance interviews for all Leaving Cert students.
- Outings to college open days and careers exhibitions talks by college representatives in taster programmes on offer from colleges.
- Sessions for parents on CAO matters, subject choice for Senior Cycle etc.
- Personal counselling and ongoing counseling sessions are available when necessary. Referral to outside agencies may be organised in consultation with all interested parties. A strict code of confidentiality underlies all personal counseling sessions.
- Student welfare and the addressing of students’ needs in the social, educational and emotional spheres are central to all guidance activities in our school.
Parents/ Guardians are encouraged to make appointments with the guidance counsellor to discuss issues, to seek advice on CAO matters or to offer support to their son/daughter in any way possible.
In Lanesboro Community College we are in the fortunate position of employing a full time Chaplain, Mrs. Annmarie Keenan. Mrs. Keenan runs our R.E Department and chairs our weekly Pastoral Care meetings. These meetings have at their core the personal welfare and wellbeing of every student in our care.
We are also in the fortunate position of having a relaxing and modern prayer and meditation room in the school. This provides a safe personal space for our students.We refurbished this room with funds kindly donated by our generous Parents Association and LWETB.
Most of our charity fundraising and several extra curricular activities, most notably Adopt A Grandparent programme, run in conjunction with Innis Ree lodge, are overseen by our Chaplain.
So at Lanesboro Community College it is not just the academic aspects of education that are important but also the emotional, psychological and spiritual development of all those in our care.