The partnership between home and school is vital to the child’s learning. The Home School Community Liaison (HSCL) co-ordinator strengthens this partnership by offering support to parents as follows:
- A parents room in the school, where parents can drop in at any time to meet HSCL co-ordinator and other parents.
- Courses and talks have been offerred for parents eg. Aerobics, Maths classes for parents, Cookery classes,”Study skills and your child”. English language classes. Positive Parenting Programme.
- Keeping Parents involved in policy making, e.g. Healthy Eating Policy.
- Availability of Co-ordinator to visit parents at home.
- Encouraging parents to get involved in school activities both inside and outside the classroom e.g. Drama, ‘Maths for Fun’, shared reading programme.