25 5 20
Good morning and welcome to our assembly.
Well done to you all on a job well done. Tests completed and all the hard work over! You are a credit to your teachers and your school. You have shown that you can take on any challenge using your initiative and intelligence. Dr. Seuss describes you well in his poem, ‘Oh the Places You’ll go’
‘You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And
you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll
decide where to go.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)’
Now for a few announcements.
1. Tests for the TY’s today at the usual time of 2pm. Everybody else will be contacted by their teachers with work…but there will be no new material to learn.
2. There are a few students who have to sit an exam that they may have missed. If you did not sit an exam please contact Ms Reynolds and let her know so that we can ensure you get a chance to complete the test.
3. There will be a lot of work ongoing over the next few days in relation to the Leaving and Junior Cert. We want to let our exam students know that an enormous amount of time and effort is going into making sure that you get the results that you deserve. We understand that you may be tempted to contact teachers to ask how the process operates. That is why we have sent an email to all the Leaving and Junior certs with all the latest notifications and information. If you read those documents you will know as much as we know. We will keep you updated over the next few days.
4. Ms Keenan and MS Spence are looking for a number of recordings for the Grad event so that the presentation can be finalised for the night. Well done to all involved…really looking forward to the event.
5. Final call for ideas or suggestions for our final school day been organised by Mr Donnelly.
And now for our thought for the day from Ms Keenan.
You are worthy of reaching for the greatest accomplishments…And you are worthy of achieving them, no matter what other people think of you, no matter what you have done up to this point in life. You are worthy of the best.
You are unique, you are special. You are creative and effective. You have much value to offer, regardless of what anyone has told you. And no one can express that value but you. You are the person who deserves to live your dream. You are the only one who has what it takes to reach that dream.
If you can see it, if you can imagine it, if you can dream it, you are worthy of reaching it. And it is possible. No one will hand it to you. In fact, you’ll strive day and night to reach it. When you give the best you have, when you refuse to be stopped by the obstacles in your way, when you do what must be done, you’ll get what you deserve—a full, rich life that is like no other. Each day, with your thoughts and actions, live up to the fact that you are the best.