Assembly 27 1 21
If you take a moment to look back over the last few weeks you will realise that although you have attended hundreds of Microsoft Team meetings you probably have only met a few people ‘in the flesh’. We miss meeting our friends and colleagues. We miss the social interaction. Yet we are meeting online and we are learning how to do that better all the time. Every online class where you engage with your teacher is an opportunity for social interaction in a formal setting. It is an invaluable preparation for life in the 21st century. Yesterday we had a staff meeting and Board of Management meeting. Today we will have a meeting with the 3rd year class at 11.50 and this evening our chess club will meet to play in a tournament. Each of these meetings are important, not only because we are working towards a common goal but also because this is the way we show our support for each other. These are all examples of how social interaction is evolving and changing. Together we are learning how to do it better.
Now for a few notices
- As already mentioned we would like to meet the 3rd years for a Q&A session from 11.50 to 12.00 today in relation to the upcoming Junior Certificate review on the 12th of February. This review will take the form of a grade that you will be based on your progress in each of your exam subjects up to that date. This grade will help you to see where your learning is at. It is a snapshot of your performance which is designed to help you to focus on preparing for your Junior Certificate exams. This meeting will give you the opportunity to ask questions so that you are clear about the process. We expect every 3rd year will attend.
- Speaking of attendance. We need all our students to engage fully with their teachers because if you are missing online school you are missing out on your education. We are doing everything we can to support you and we expect that in return you respond and attend all your classes.
- We are proposing to lengthen the lunch for students from 30 to 40 minutes from Monday to Thursday.
This means that Junior lunch is now from 11.50 until 12.30
Senior lunch is now from 12.30 until 13.10
Friday lunch break remains unchanged.
- Our chess club will be in action again this evening at 6.30 and we wish them the best of luck in the 2nd round of the Longford Schools Chess tournament. If you are interested in joining the club just email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
- We have sent out surveys to our pupils, parents and staff. Please take a moment and answer the questions as we want to know how ye are getting on and use the information to see if there is anything we can improve.
And now before we read the reflection that Ms. Keenan has shared with us, we would like to remind you that she can be contacted on her mobile at 085 2434128 and to be sure to ring her if you need to. She can also arrange one to one counselling for students on request. She is looking forward to hearing from you.
Faith In Myself
God gave me faith in myself,
not only on days when I’m going great and winning
and nothing seems impossible
but on days when the whole world looks lousy
and I’m losing and the road ahead seems too hard.
When I wonder if I’m brave enough, smart enough
and I must be crazy to try,
don’t let me quit Lord, not ever.
Let me keep the faith in myself.
No matter how many people
laugh at me…
think me a fool…
Don’t let me listen.
Let me hear another voice telling me,
“You can do it and you will!”
If nobody else in this world gives a darn or believes in me,
let me believe in myself.
I know there’ll be times when I will doubt my own abilities,
when I’ll be discouraged and on the verge of despair,
don’t let me give up,
hang onto me.
Fan the fires so that I’ll try even harder.
Give me more faith in myself.
Dear Lord, you are the source of life and power.
You are the source of my abilities and my faith.
Thank you for reinforcements.
I know that you will give me for what I ask…