Assembly 10 2 21
People have been telling jokes for a very long time…over 4,000 years if the historians are correct. Until recently the joker was not taken too seriously, often seen as an unwelcome distraction at school and work. Nowadays psychologists believe that humour can be used to make others feel good, to make friends and to help us cope with stress. In fact humour has become serious business with scientists coming up all sorts of theories as to what makes for a good joke.
We are going to do our own research in this area by asking everybody to take on todays 3 minutes challenge and write down their favourite funniest joke. We will be sharing a selection of them on Friday as part of our Valentines celebration…anonymously of course! Just click on the link below and share the laughter!
Now for a few notices.
- A reminder that you are obliged to keep your journal up to date and to get it signed by your parents. It is part of the school rules. Some students have not complied with our requests to send in their journals. Today is the deadline for sending in the photos of your journal, filled out correctly and signed by your parents. Make life easier for everybody and do the right thing….we don’t want to be wasting time following you up for your journal over the holidays….but we will if we have to.
- We continue to send texts out to your parents if you are not present on time for the roll call. It is your responsibility to be on time and ready for class. A missed class is another lost opportunity. Don’t be the one left behind.
- There are reports of issues with mics on some of the new laptops. A software issues seems to be the problem. If your school laptop is not working properly, please let us know immediately and we will get it sorted.
- Notwithstanding issues with mics, if a teacher asks a question in class you are obliged to do your best to answer. If your mic isn’t working then you type in your answer in the ‘chat’ box. If you do not respond to a teacher then you must explain why in an email at your earliest opportunity. Failure to do so will lead to a report been made to the Deputy Principal and further consequences for the students in question.
- Great work been done by the exam classes and their teachers. Once this is over you all deserve a well-earned break from the books for a few days at least. Make sure you rest and recuperate over the midterm so you are prepared for the next term.
- School lunch packages will be available from the school on Friday the 12th from 1-1.30. If you have not already booked your school lunch , you can do so today by texting your name to email@example.com and we will order one for you.
- The 3 minute challenge is getting a good response. Be part of the story and get involved….life is too short to sit on the side-lines…get into the thick of the game and get the most out of it!
Now we take a moment to read the reflection that Ms Keenan has prepared for us today.
May You Have Enough…
May you have enough…
Enough happiness to keep you sweet,
Enough trials to keep you strong,
Enough sorrow to keep you human,
Enough failure to keep you humble,
Enough success to keep you eager,
Enough friends to give you comfort,
Enough wealth to meet your needs,
Enough enthusiasm to look forward,
Enough faith to banish depression,
Enough determination to make each day
better than yesterday.
May you have enough.