The aim of these Regulations is that all students will get maximum educational benefit from their time in the school. This is best achieved in a pleasant atmosphere of mutual trust and co-operation. If everybody respects these basic regulations learning will be easier for all. The school can then conduct its primary function (education) more effectively.
My duties as a student
- I will recognise the right of each class member to learn, therefore, I won’t disturb the class or deprive any pupil of that right.
- I will recognise without question the right of teachers to do their work without having to correct me in class for inattention or misbehaviour.
- I will recognise the rights my parents have to expect my best effort so I will make my best effort in School and at home.
- I will record my homework on a school diary; and carry out all homework assigned by teachers.
- I will not become involved in any form of Bullying.
- I will not be involved with substances such as drugs or alcohol.
- I will not smoke within the School boundary.
- I will appear in full uniform for all classes.
- I will respect property and that means I do not damage, mark, break, write on, etc., school property, public property, family property, my friends property or neighbours property.
- I will pay for any property I damage in School.
- I will provide myself with a complete set of books and maintain them in good condition.
- I will be punctual for all classes.
- I will avoid throwing litter within the school and school grounds.
- I recognise that the School cannot be responsible for goods lost or stolen, so I will look after my own property.
- I will move in an orderly manner within the School and will always be polite and courteous.
- I have a duty to make a written request to the Principal, signed by my parent(s) if I wish to leave the School grounds.
- If I am absent from School, I have a duty to explain my absence by a note from my parent(s) on my return to school.
- I accept that sanctions may be imposed for any breaches of these duties.
Student Acceptance Form
I accept the duties outlined above as the basic School Regulations for all students.
Signed: ______________________________ (Student)
Signed: ______________________________ (Parent)
Parents / Guardians will be made aware in writing of serious misdemeanours and an account of students general behaviour will be part of the students Christmas and Summer Report.
We welcome and are available to meet Parents / Guardians to discuss issues relating to their childs behaviour.
I _________________________, have read the Policies on Attendance and Behaviour and am happy to comply.