The aim of these Regulations is that all students will get maximum educational benefit from their time in the school. This is best achieved in a pleasant atmosphere of mutual trust and co-operation. If everybody respects these basic regulations learning will be easier for all. The school can then conduct its primary function (education) more effectively.
Lanesboro Community College
My duties as a student
1. I will recognise the right of each class member to learn. Therefore, I won’t disturb the class or deprive any pupil of that right.
2. I will recognise without question the right of teachers to do their work without having to correct me in class for inattention or misbehaviour.
3. I will recognise the rights my parents have to expect my best effort so I will make my best effort in School and at home. I will record my homework in a school journal and I will carry out all homework assigned by teachers.
4. I will not become involved in any form of Bullying.
5. I will not be involved with illicit/illegal substances such as drugs or alcohol.
6. I will not smoke/vape within the School boundary, in the vicinity of the school or while in school uniform.
7. I recognise that it is my responsibility to appear in full uniform for school and all school based activities including trips and both school/state examinations. I will wear only the school uniform during school hours. The school uniform consists of a green uniform jumper with school crest, grey shirt, grey trousers/skirt and black footwear. Hoodies are not permitted.
8. I will respect property and that means I do not damage, mark, break, write- on, etc., school property, public property, family property, my friends’ property or neighbour’s property. I will pay for any property I damage in School.
9. I will provide myself with a complete set of books and maintain them in good condition.
10. I will be punctual for all classes.
11. I will not throw litter within the school and school grounds.
12. I recognise that the School cannot be responsible for goods lost or stolen, so I will look after my own property.
13. I will move in an orderly manner within the School and will always be polite and courteous.
14. I have a duty to make a written request to the Principal, signed by my parent(s) if I wish to leave the School grounds. I understand that I must be collected by my parent on such an occasion and a parent must sign at reception. If I am absent from School, I have a duty to explain my absence with a note from my parent(s) on my return to school. If I am over 18 years of age, I will complete a ‘Leave of Absence’ form, explaining the reason for my absence. I understand that, for safety reasons, a text will be sent to parents, including parents of students who are over 18 years of age, to inform them that their child is absent from school on a given day.
15. I will act in such a manner as to never bring the school community into disrepute
16. I will not use obscene language or gestures
17. I am aware that inappropriate use of mobile phones will lead to confiscation of same for a period of not less than three full days.
18. I will remain within the school boundaries as outlined in Appendix 3. If leaving school grounds it is my responsibility to ensure that I have a note signed by my parent/guardian and furthermore that they have signed me out at the office.
19. I will have my school journal in all classes as it is an important link between home and school. I recognise the journal is school property and must be properly used and maintained.
20. I will follow all school guidelines for reducing the spread of Covid – 19. These include but are not limited to;
a) Wearing a face mask, b) proper hand hygiene, c) proper cough etiquette, d) social distancing, e) keeping my work space and belongings clean
21. I accept that sanctions may be imposed for any breaches of these duties.
A student, who persistently breaks the rules or who, in the opinion of the staff, interrupts the education of other students or puts the health of staff or other students at risk by not following school guidelines for reducing the risk of the spread of Covid -19 may be suspended or expelled from the school in line with the procedures in the Suspension and Expulsion Policy of the school.
While not all actions can be categorised in this document, the guiding principle is that any action or behaviour which hinders the smooth running of the school, places students or staff in any danger or could bring the school into disrepute is wrong and sanctions will be imposed as a consequence.
This Code of Behaviour applies to all students while on school property, while on school trips or outings, while representing the school in any activity and while attending any activity in which the school is participating.
This Code of Behaviour has been approved by the Board of Management on the 27th August 2020 after consultation with the Student Council, Parents’ Association, Staff and both Patrons.
I have read and I understand the Code of Behaviour of Lanesboro Community College (Please tick box)
I accept its contents and my role in its implementation (Please tick box)
Student’s signature: __________________________________________________________ Parent/Guardian’s Signature: ___________________________________________________ Date: ____________________________